Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cherry Creek Spillway Trail and Cherry Creek Trail

We got to Aurora, Colorado by 3:30 today just in time for a nice little thunderstorm. Actually, it gave me a chance to get caught up on my email. Then we ventured out to find the bike trails in the area and give them a go.

We found the spillway trail and it merged into the Cherry Creek Trail, the only problem was that the Cherry Creek Trail looped around a large lake/reservoir. It had many offshoot trails and we wound up way off course. We trekked through a no leash dog romping area and treaded a flood trail for a while and ultimately found our way to our starting point around the lake. I had a bit more of a challenge than usual since one of my three gearshifts went 'ka-plooie'. That meant I had to work a lot harder to get up the remaining hills. I made it, but first thing tomorrow I will find a good bike shop and get this fixed.

Here are some shots I got while on the trail...




I especially like the sign that said their are lots of rattlesnakes in the area...STAY ON THE TRAIL!!

No comments: