Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Biking the McHenry Prairie Trail

Even though the temps and humidity combined for an uncomfortable combination, we rode 20 miles on the McHenry Prairie Trail. The good part is that the last four miles are basically downhill, so it ended on a happy note!
We also saw some interesting wildlife: first a pretty big turtle, getting to the other side of the trail



and many times clusters of little yellow butterflies. I can't imagine what they found so interesting on the trail to congregate there, but they did group themselves in at least 10 different sections of the trail and flew in all directions when we came by.




This was the first time I ever saw a train while I rode the trail

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow that's a lot of flutterbys.
I was wondering what the name of the online pharmacy you use is.

My birdies are as cute as always. I'm sure KC birdie and M&M are adorable as well :3

Other than what I posted on my LJ. Nothing new has really happened.