Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Thursday, June 26, 2008

WaucondaFest 2008

We went to the first night of Wauconda-fest 2008 and had some dogs, pulled pork, fries and beer. The rides looked great for the kids and I found one that even I would have like to try 4 or 5 times! I don't know what it is about bumper cars that I find so exciting. Get in and ram the closest car to you before they ram you.. Whee!!!
We walked the grounds and saw lots and lots of "try your luck" and win a stuffed what-ever! I wanted Chuck to get enough baskets to win the banana man, but he declined!
The highlight of the night was the performance of American English, a group that does a really fine job on Beatles stuff...really good job!
Here is a cool ride that you lay down on your stomach and sort of swim through the air...yeah!

No comments: