Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Monday, June 23, 2008

Crystal Lake area of Fox Lake Trail

We were blessed with a perfect day for biking today and so we met with Len and Marlene, and Dave and Marty for a quick 15 miler. Seems we all had appointments this afternoon and could not spend more time on the trail.


Well, what did you think? We were certainly not going to pass up lunch to ride another 10 miles!!! Anyway, it was great to be 'back in the saddle again' and I think a short week away gave me a nice rest and I felt really good after the ride today.

We grabbed a good lunch at the Colonial Restaurant on Northwest Highway and then headed for Life Source so I could donate blood before my gum surgery tomorrow. For the first time since I have been donating, I felt more than a little woozy afterwards, but a short rest had me right back in the swing of things.

We ended the day with a nice 3 mile stroll on the Millennium Trail behind the house.

No comments: