Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Blueberry time in Northwest Arkansas

For those of you who don't know or remember, last year there was a devastating freeze in April, which destroyed the blueberry buds and precluded a blueberry season.

This year however, is a great year for blueberries. I stopped by a farm just west of Fayetteville on US Route 16, called Clear Creek Farm. Telephone 479 443 7048. The berries there are huge, sweet and delicious.


I made a blueberry pie with what I got from this farm the last time and it was delicious, of course I had to cut the sugar part of the recipe in half because they were already so sweet...using what the recipe called for would have been way too much!

Can't wait to do it again!

Here are some of the farm workers separating, cleaning, dividing and packaging the little globes of sunshine

This fellow lives here on the farm. He doesn't own it, just sees to the operation. A very nice guy!
So here is my first blueberry and melon composition. The rest I will just eat. One picture is enough...on to the good stuff.


So what is good about this place is that you can pick the berries yourself. If you do then it is $10. a gallon; if you are lazy like me, then you can have them already picked for $13 a gallon. A bargain either way!

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Another factory tour?

Save some for a pie for me!