Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Millennium Trail and Lakewood Forest Preserve

Today we just biked from home..out on the Millennium Trail but instead of turning around at our usual spot...5+ miles out, we kept going on to the Lakewood Forest Preserve. This section is a bit more hilly and it is also a prettier ride including some ponds, a lake, a small waterfall and lots and lots of trees by the trail.

I wanted to try this more strenuous section just once before I headed back home. It proved to be a bit more of a challenge than I expected, but I managed to complete 17 plus miles and hit the 1,000 miles mark on my odometer for this year! Not too shabby for a beginner!



Here is Chuck at the lake in the Forest Preserve section

No comments: