Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Lafe Fayetteville and Backyard Burgers

After completing the filing cabinet project we headed out into 50 plus degree temperatures for a 5 mile hike around Lake Fayetteville. It felt good to get out and move again and the sun was a welcomed guest as well. Towards the end I found I was sweating a little, but that is to be expected with the activity and the sunshine.

The lake was wonderfully clear and the trails only slightly muddy.

Part of the trail is macadem and great for "prissy" walking and riding the rest is single track over roots, ruts and rocks...not for the faint of heart!

The last time I was here I saw people throwing frisbees toward suspended baskets.. I thought it was interesting to have a target. Today I discovered it is something called disc golf!!!! Yes there is an entire course for just this purpose.

Here is a sign for the ninth hole!
I REALLY need to get out more. And maybe buy myself a frisbee or two!

We stopped for lunch at Backyard Burgers and stuffed ourselves as usual. They were great and the people that worked there were very helpful and sociable making it a very nice visit!

No comments: