Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Chicken 'n Dumplins

Today I was wondering how to cook a chicken that had defrosted. Fried, stewed, baked, broiled....hummnn. Then in true "palm to the forehead" fashion it hit me: chicken 'n dumplins -- this would the favorite meal of my childhood. YES!!!!

So I had everything out and ready to go and realized that I did not have the recipe that my cousin had dictated some 5 years ago at her place. I searched and searched through all my loose recipes, but to no avail.

I had to call her to get it again.

Fortunately, she was willing to share...again!

So, now with recipe in hand I pulled out my pasta maker and there it was sitting nicely by the hand crank just waiting for me. Anyway, once I do a recipe I start playing with it and my finished product is a bit different. BUT still delicious!

Here's the picture,





I have to go now, because the entire house smells so good I could just start chewing on anything nearby!

No comments: