Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Monday, August 24, 2009

The Red Parrot, Newport, Rhode Island

We made it to Newport, Rhode Island by mid-day and checked into our hotel earlier than I thought they would let us. That gave us lots of time to walk the downtown area. While my breakfast was huge and I thought I would never eat again today…we stopped at a restaurant named The Red Parrot and proceeded to indulge in the best seafood I have had in very many years. I think I have to make a bold statement here. You can ONLY get great seafood in New England. It was excellent. I cheated though; I didn’t want to have only one thing, so I ordered the crab cakes appetizer and a humongous bowl of clam chowder. It’s been at least 15 years since I was up here, so you know I a had a lot of time to make up for!

Here are the shots and I think just by looking, the taste comes smashing through! Chuck had seafood alfredo (shrimps, scallops and crabmeat) it was divine.



I think the crab claw in the middle give the whole dish a very special touch

The seafood alfredo had just the right blend of cream and cheese

Ah...clam chowder. This was worth the trip from anywhere!

Here is a shot of the restaurant, very hard to miss and right in the center of the harber area.

No comments: