Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas in the Village Concert

Today was another 'first' to add to my list of "wow I never thought I'd being doing that!" I joined a choral group in October, a first. It was not without its scary moments either. I was always pretty darn proud of the way I could sing...usually in the shower and a bucket nearby to carry that tune...
Anyway, it was always in the privacy of my own mind and as such it gave me pleasure. But this was different; one has to be in tune with the (I can't believe I had to look it up!) voice in this four part chorus. Mine is the second highest...alto. That is when I found out the 'voice' I had been using was much lower than it should have been. My first night of practice garnered several looks with raised eyebrows, but what the heck, this is supposed to be fun. I was fortunate enough to get some private lessons from the choir director, she helped me "find my voice" and today we gave the Christmas concert that we had all been practicing for so hard.

It was a wonderful performance...no, I did not get it right all the time, yes I made many mistakes, but I think no one knew (except the few around me!) and a good time was had by all. Here are a couple of shots of the event:


No comments: