Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Thank you...Thank you...Thank you...

My bird KC has been very particular about his toys since the start. The man in the pet store who sold me the bird, nonchalantly picked out two toys from a wall full and said, "he should like these, what else do you need?" I got the required food and accoutrement's and went on my way.



Well, as it turns out, he liked those toys very much. I have gotten another (at least) 20 toys for him since, but he will have nothing of that! He absolutely refused(s) anything new in his cage..so I made him compromise. I let him keep his most absolutely favorite toy (read: girlfriend!) and put a new toy to replace the second of the two originals that have been with him from the start. He didn't like the bells toy, but would play with it occasionally. I took that to mean we were making progress. I thought the removal of the dangly heart-shaped plastic disks would ultimately be a thing of the past, but (again!) I was wrong.



He has been a bit persnickety lately and I thought...hummnn, he used to get a shower every morning before I went to work and he would play and somersault with the old toy. Let me see if he might still be interested in that...





Well, see for yourself (he is like a new bird!)






No comments: