Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A great shopping trip

Today we went to Bikes Plus in Barrington, Illinois; (a great bike shop) to look for a new bike for me. It wasn't hard to find one...I actually found several, but then it became a contest. Which one is the smoothest ride, which saddle is the most comfortable, which one has the best gear shifting mechanism and so on. So many bikes... so little time.

I picked up a really nice Trek 4500, in black and grey (so it would not clash with my current car and whatever I might buy in the future) and then I just couldn't help myself; I got all the accrutrements: speedometer, gloves, special saddle, rear rack with trunk.
See for yourself!







As you can see I have turned into a TREK Lady!
It is really a pleasure to ride and she takes the hills with very little effort. We did a quick 9 miles on hte Millenium Trail that goes through Singing Hills... a hilly ride, that was easier today than ever before.
Oh, did I say that the service that I got at Bike's Plus was superb?...well, it was!

No comments: