Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I am NOT Tired...

Sunday was spent driving home; 12 hours and I felt pretty good when I got in. Yesterday was a buzz of activity. My lawn guys decided my grass should be 5 or 6 inches tall, but I have always read Bermuda grass should not get too long it encourages bugs and other unwanted stuff like thatch...yuk.
OK so I mowed it and what a bunch of clippings I got from only the front section! I did the rest a little taller, since I used all of my 4 clipping containers on only the front section of the lawn. That meant riding around and around and around so I didn't have real big clumps of cut grass. It worked, after a fashion.
Before I started mowing I picked up all the downspout trays and found my resident toad under his favorite one. When I found him in the spring I thought it was a giant spider and boy has he grown through the summer. I think he was winking at me. Every time I mow, I pick up the trays, he jumps to the corner and then mysteriously gets back under the tray. I thought I mowed him over months ago.
I named him Pete, don't ask me why!


I walked around the back yard and was delighted to see how well the fig trees are doing. Probably won't have anything this year but next year should be fine.





All the rush to get the yard mowed and picked up was because of garbage pick up. So when I finished I just brought the cans out to the street, no sense in storing them and rushing it all out in the morning...

I felt like I had it all together. Perfect timing.


Too bad when I woke up this morning and looked out the front window...I noticed that no one else had the trash out. Hummnn. Have they changed the day while I was gone??


No.

Today is Tuesday; not Wednesday.

I am NOT tired.

No comments: