Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Home Again...

Today I returned home from the Chicago area; not without making a wrong turn and adding about an hour to my trip. Fortunately, I got to see a little more of Chicago area that I hadn't been to yet and I met I nice lady who was setting up for a garage sale who gave me directions to get back on track. Gotta love those Chicagoans!

It was a tiring trip and the traffic accident that happened probably an hour before my arrival in the Bella Vista area added another half hour to it. But I did go through a section of Route 71 that has finally been completed and it is actually gorgeous (in addition to making the trip faster) it has many salmon colored bluffs and it is quite picturesque... no shots though, I was doing 75 and wanted to make it through in one piece!

Lauren was waiting for me at home with KC bird..boy was he happy to see me! Poor fella didn't get a noggin scratch for 6 weeks...it sure felt good to him tonight!
He just wouldn't let anyone else touch him.




She also surprised me with a welcome home cake which she decorated herself...like I have always told her...she's an angel!

No comments: