Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Sunday, September 9, 2007

DAY 20...Jenny Lake, Grand Teton NP

We got to see a beautiful sunset before turning in last night...


Last night was our first camping night in a while; it got down to 45 degrees which is ok with me. It made for a perfect temperature for sleeping. I woke up at 3 or so wishing I hadn't put on three tops...I was sweating. I took off my sleeping cap and opened the sleeping bag a bit and everything was fine.
There was a love-sick elk somewhere in the campgrounds; maybe today I will actually see him!
We went for a hike around part of Jenny Lake and up into Cascade Canyon. Made it up to Inspiration Point and then some.


We turned around and came back down, stopping at Hidden Falls along the way. They were very nice. Chuck held still long enough for me to get a shot of him with the falls in the background.





Altogether it approximated 7.5 miles up in the mountains.
After a while, chuck realized that he never put his rolled up bandana on to catch the sweat...I got him!


They must have stretched the hiking trail after we got to the top. I thought the way back would never end.
Along the way we stopped and got a picture of Moran Peak and I found some good looking pine cones that I just couldn't resist.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Ellen! I updated my journal with an entry about the birds :3

here's the link http://firewox.livejournal.com/