Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Saturday, September 8, 2007

DAY 19...Grand Teton National Park

We did our white water rafting trip down the Grand Canyon of the Snake River in Targhee National Forest and it was way more exciting than the one we did in Canon City, Colorado. The water was colder too; lucky me I had the "best seat in the house" front right...the one that caught every possible splash! Whee...what fun!
Again, no pictures since I was busy getting splashed and paddling, but it was great!

Then it was on to Teton National Park.
Wow, this place is spectacular; I believe I may satisfy my desire to see wildlife here. On the way in I saw an eagle flying overhead, a small herd of Bison on a yonder hillside, a giant woodpecker in the trees and deer munching their way through a campsite...there are rumors of bear in the vicinity. I may get more than I wished for!
We are camping here tonight and maybe tomorrow and then it will be on to Yellowstone National Park; where I am promised all kinds of wildlife...elk, bison, and (of course) bear. I hope they are kidding me.
We toured the Lodge and found that they have free Wi-Fi internet service there, so you know where we will be spending at least some of our time! They also have three different places to eat, bar-type, family type and restaurant type all in the same building; this if for those who don't want to cook over a propane tank or campfire..it does attract BEARS you know.




We went for dinner after listening to the Ranger present her talk on the importance of ants in the Grand Teton Community, but found it quite crowded, thus giving me time to get caught up on my blogging...I always work better when I am a little hungry, will go for dinner shortly!

Chuck wanted to call his mom and found the facilities a "bit behind the times" but said he was familiar with this particular model...I have my doubts.


Later at the lodge lobby, I found my first Moose...yes, it is a conglomeration of nuts and bolts, but hopefully sometime this week I will stumble on the real thing.

No comments: