Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Palatine Trail

We, Patti and Dave, Marlene and Len, Chuck and I biked a new (and paved) trail for me today! This is one of the first community bike trails in this section of Illinois. While we did a full 17 miles most of it was paved and flat so I could have gone on and on. It was nice to not challenge myself too much today; just an enjoyable ride on a beautiful fall afternoon...hard work, I know, but somebody has to do it!
We came to a section where they have a 9 hole golf course, snack bar, and a lake with all sorts of summer activities available: canoeing, kayaking, row boat and bicycle boats too! Around a man made island with a nice waterfalls...cool.



We had lunch before we started today in hopes that temperatures would go up just a little. The place today was Kostas. Must be a Greek place since they have the best Gyros that I have had outside of New Jersey! One of these babys will set you up for the rest of the day! Mmmm Good!

2 comments:

Steve said...

Hmm, not many people think Greek when they think of Twin Lakes, but it's a great place anyways!

I'm glad you enjoyed Palatine Trail. For maps of other trails in the Chicagoland area, please visit my website "Greenway Planning Database"
(http://www.northwestsuburbs.us).

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the photos and stories here at your place! Blessings,
Laurie