Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Friday, November 16, 2007

Too Cold for Biking

Today we met with our full group: Len and Marlene, Dave and Patti and Chuck and me for late breakfast then hiking on the Poplar Creek Trail System.



We stopped today at IHOP and had an interesting mix of meals.


The food again was worthy of memorializing so here they are:
Len and Marlene shared this single meal order...Imagine 3 pancakes, toast, and a country omelet the size of New York City!!
I got the international crepe plate which had eggs, meats and these beautiful Swedish Crepes...They were the BEST!! I ate everything else then had them for dessert with my never-ending cup of coffee
Patti had a great looking Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwich w/fries.



After sufficiently stuffing ourselves we hiked for 5 miles through forest and grasslands.

I saw this Paper Wasp nest from the trail and bushwhacked a bit to get this close-up of it.

Here is Chuck waiting for me to 'get on with it'


Towards the end of the hike we found this bench and the Osage Orange...I thought it made a nice composition

No comments: