Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Monday, November 12, 2007

Fox River Trail--Crystal Lake to Dundee

We rode yet another section of the Fox River Trail that was new to me. This one was nice and level most of the way and while secluded was only a stones throw from local streets etc.

I was quite surprised to see three deer just beside the trail; of course once they noticed me, they went back into the woods and I missed a nice close up shot of them. Then to my surprise, they came through the woods just a few feet ahead of me and jumped the rail and crossed the nearby road, so I ended up getting good action pics of them instead of still ' posed ' shots! Wow!




Here is a little canoe launch spot along the trail and a view of the Fox River

another 8 or so miles down the trail we stopped at Benedict's for brunch


and it was another great meal. We all ordered something different and it all looked so good I got a pic of each meal!

Chuck ordered the Breakfast Burrito...this one looks healthy; hard to believe!
Dave ordered 'plain old scrambled eggs and bacon' I had to hold myself back from stealing some of that great looking bacon!
Patti got the Fall Salad Plate and it looked scrumptious as well
I got the Asparagus Strada; a mix between french toast, scrambled eggs and a fritata...Yummy!


We sat in the special room that holds a real live tree that goes right up and through the roof... now that is something you don't see every day!
Here are Patti and Dave in the foreground and the tree in the back


On the return trip we passed a cute looking hot dog stand and I can't wait to try it the next time we get another 60 degree day in November!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! So sorry I haven't said anything. I'm glad all is still well in your world. I've updated my journal and probably will again soon with adventures of my new client's babies who will soon go out of town and I get to watch her animals. Bye!