Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Day 9...Anything can happen day

The original plan was that Chuck, Len and Marlene would backpack into the mountains for the next three days; I would play the tourist in this section of Colorado and get more familiar with the 'touristy' locations. But, the weather, which has been off and on rainy for the last three days continues to play with us. Since this backpacking trip would have been quite strenuous, all the 'packers had agreed that they would pass on it this time. Good for me, since I now have company to show me the touristy locations, etc.

For example, here is my modest breakfast. I could have spiced it up a bit with some Road Kill Hot Sauce, but declined



Len ordered the biggest breakfast burrito I have ever seen!



He did a fine job on it too!



The restaurants philosophy on calories...


Back in Salida, with some sunshine so we can dry out the tent and sleeping bags

No comments: