Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lake Wedington Trail...then Red Lobster

We have returned from our five week trek to Florida and Georgia and have been riding short rides in and around Fayetteville for the last week or so. Today we tried the hiking/backpacking trail at Lake Wedington.





The terrain proved to be more than I could handle, but I could see younger folks really enjoying the challenge that it offers. For me the trail was too narrow, rocky and steep; I found myself walking my bike often, though not for long distances before I could ride again.



As you can see, Chuck managed to handle it much better than me.

What is nice about this kind of ride is that in one hour you can get a great workout even though the distance travelled may only be three miles or so.


We went to Red Lobster for dinner tonight. I have had a yen for lobster for over a year now and today that has been taken care of. Nothing like a steamed whole lobster. MMmmmm Good!


Chuck had one too!

No comments: