Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

We've Only Just Begun...

That's the song that kept going through my mind when I opened the garage door this
morning at 6:30 to see just how much snow had already come down. They get all excited here in Arkansas when we get a couple of flakes. So my first reaction was sort of usual, for here...

I mean I had to grab something so you could get an idea of just what I was seeing... I found an old snow brush, we all know how big they are!



I mean, so really....NOT MUCH!


But then, I got my snow stick (I got this from Lowes just a couple of weeks ago...I saw the yardstick and couldn't help springing for $0.60 just so I could reminisce)
I stuck it in a wide open (already cleared from the last snow) part of my driveway.



Stay tuned. they promise this will keep up until at least noon, it is now 7:45. I hope I can still find my snow stick by then!

Well, here we are at 10:00
I decided that the birds needed food too...but where did all these cow birds come from?


Lots and lots of goldfinches...
and finally, my favorite meadowlark showed up...
I started a loaf of bread very early this morning...I have some grilled veggies
that I froze back in July. Keep going to see the sandwich.
It was delicious!
Here is a shot from the end of my driveway and up the street

and down the other end of the street

1 comment:

Trish and Rob MacGregor said...

I'm chilled just seeing these photos.