Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Biking the Neighborhood

Since it has been so warm here the last week or so, I've taken to going for a ride on my bike after dinner. The temperatures are usually lower and there is a kind of cool serenity in the air, little traffic and the winds are usually diminished as well...all in all a great time to be riding.
Here's some of the stuff I have been seeing lately:

This was a very skinny green snake that I saw last night. He was catching the last few rays of sunshine on the roadbed of a new development near me. There are no houses yet; just grasses trees and streets. It is actually a great place to ride since there is no traffic at all.


I have seen this fellow many times cruising a few hundred feet above the neighborhood houses. and while it may look like a lot of fun, the thing is noisy and disruptive. No one has any backyard privacy with this guy around!
Another shot of him riding off into the sunset

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hello, I noticed you on my followers list so came for a visit. Are you from Arkansas? I read through some of your recent posts and see you like many of the same things I do - the outdoors, biking, wildlife, and critters. Hope you're enjoying your holiday weekend. We just returned to the mountains of CO after a 3 week jaunt to the west coast. Still snow here (but, thankfully not much!).