Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Woo Pig Sooie

That is the PIG CALL that razorback fans here in Arkansas do at the games, but for me it is the call for the roasted whole pig that I was fortunate enough to have several times in my life.

Yesterday, we went to an authentic pig roast (this baby was a BIG ONE!) How big was it you ask? Well, the professional cutter was trimming and slicing it for over three hours! I got on line in time to get a few succulent pieces of the tenderloin section....MMMmmmm Good. About half the pig was still on the table and I could not resist snapping off a piece of the crisped skin...we called them cracklins' Missouri...oh man was that good! Then the guy who was slicing handed me a chunk about the size of my hand. Lordy, lordy I know I hurt myself eating it but it was all worth it.

Here is what it looked like early on in the slicing process


No comments: