Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Little Rock and Clinton Library

Wednesday we decided to go on to Little Rock and see the Clinton Library but before that we saw the Big Dam Bike Trail, some of it anyway, the part we didn't see was either under water from all the recent rainfall or not yet built. So we only did 7 miles of biking before going to the Clinton Library.
There were so many interesting things to see there I was torn in deciding what to post so here are my choices (Chuck has posted entirely different shots from the same building)











I got a shot of the Chinese Calligraphy and several swords that were gifted to the Clinton's while they were in office







I couldn't pass up the chance to get a picture of these saxophones that
Bill had received as gifts and certainly played and had some fun with.


One of my memories from my school days was the question how did you spend your summer vacation or what do you want to be when you grow up. I see Hillary had to deal with it as well. Maybe I got this memorialized before she becomes president! Click the picture to see what she wrote.









This last one was hanging on the wall in the motel room. Such a nice story depicting the general attitude of true Arkansans. We have met some truly wonderful folks on this trip.

No comments: