Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Jim Stafford--Hard Luck Diner and More!

Last month I hoodwinked my friend into joining me for a day trip to Branson to see the infamous Jim Stafford Show. I waited until the weather was perfect, since it is a pretty long drive and seized the moment! Along the way we watched as the countryside turned green. Really, I still believe it was MORE green on the way back than it was on the way there...but then that's just me.

Our first stop was the Hard Luck Diner and by judging the size of the meal one gets here, its no wonder they call it that.  I don't see how they make a profit on these burgers. See for yourself


I especially like the 'action shot'. notice the enthusiasm with which Judy is getting ready to squirt the mustard! In case the food is not enough to entice you, all the wait staff entertain the customers with song and show in-between the serving and all that.  It really was a fun lunch.

Here is Jim himself doing a fantastic banjo piece. There was so much to enjoy here I hardly know where to start. If you are looking for some good clean fun, this is the place. Hands down.

Then, after the show as I was walking to the car, I looked up and saw this.
Heavy Metal High Rise - - - Go Carts Extraordinaire!!! I begged Judy to join me in trying them out but she flatly refused. Gee, what kind of a friend would do that? I guess one that wants to live to be a ripe old age.

Ah well, I still enjoyed it from afar. Maybe next time! Ha!

No comments: