Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Friday, September 3, 2010

Chickens at the Washington County Fair

I could not resist going to the fair this week. I just love seeing animals that are loved so much they are almost considered part of the family. You will most definitely see that at the fair. So I took a lot of pictures and decided that I would make a few posts on a particular topic rather than just run them all together.

I found myself in a section that was actually set aside as a kind of petting zoo area for baby farm animals and back to one side there were chickens. Not really chickens but certainly the beginnings of them. Here are fertile eggs getting ready to hatch. See the wet feathery chick right there in front. That one is less than an hour old there!

When they get a few more downy feathers they move next door to join the other newbies.

After this section I wandered around and found another building that housed poultry. I cannot begin to tell you how many different kinds of chickens were there, but this one caught me eye
I'll bet you this guy is not meant to be eaten!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol that chicken looks like he's wearing a mink coat. Some kind of SHOW OFF chicken it is. I hate those show off chickens, always.... showing off.