Whalechaser's Musings

No Matter Where You Go...
There You Are
Make the Best of It

Friday, December 11, 2009

A New Baby Birdie

I have been looking forward to getting another bird since October but I wanted to get it from this really good pet store in Illinois. So today was the day. I really did not have too many to pick from but this one that I settled on looks like he (she) will be just fine. Now if I can only get it to calm down a little. It is very nervous in the new surroundings...I am hoping that will all be better in a few days.



This pet store is so good, they follow up on the purchase of birds by requesting that the bird be brought back for weekly weigh-ins and general evaluations. Just another way of making sure that the new relationship gets off on the right foot.

I'll update this topic as the days go by so we can track his (her?) progress.

1 comment:

Goldenrod said...

I'm so glad you found another small feathered friend, Whale. Have you named him/her yet?